The 2018 Edition of Scuola di belcanto will take place between August 5th-25th with participants arriving on August 4th.
The course will be limited to 14 singers who will receive daily individual musical and theatrical coaching, stagings and Italian diction work with the esteemed faculty and at least 2 singing lessons a week with Joan Patenaude Yarnell.
Frequent evening group classes where each individual will sing, which will be led by faculty members and some invited guest teachers.
There will be three concerts. A concert of arias in Urbania to celebrate Feragosto and two concerts at the end of the course in which each singer will participate in a scene that will be staged, that will take place in other nearby theatres.
The language course will run Monday–Friday 3 hours per day, 15 per week, 45 total. Classes are in the morning only
Dates: August 5 – 25, 2018
Group arrival date: Saturday, August 4. All participants must land by 3 pm. Charter bus departs for Urbania at 4 pm. Estimated arrival time in Urbania: 7 pm.
Group departure date: Saturday, August 25. All participants must book flights leaving Bologna from 1 pm onwards. A charter bus will leave Urbania at 7.30 am and take everyone to the airport in Bologna.
- Italian Course: 3 weeks*, Monday through Friday, 3 hours per day, 15 per week, 45 total. Classes are in the morning only.
- Housing: double room in a shared apartment (single room option available at an additional fee). All utilities included. Apartments are fully furnished including linens, washer, as well as kitchen utensils and appliances.
- Airport transfers: charter bus from Bologna Airport-Urbania-Bologna Airport.
- Welcome dinner at Big Ben Restaurant on Sunday, August 5.
- 3 performances: 1 concert in Urbania and 2 out of town.
- Opera performance at the Rossini Opera Festival.
- 1 cooking class (meal included!)
- Farewell reception at Caffè del Teatro
Price per person: Euro 2,500 (2,650 for single occupancy room)
Application Deadline. February 14th.